Super simple and cheap recipe for when you want to enjoy some shrimp on a hot summer day!
Serves: 1 Cup of Sauce
- 1 c ketchup
- 1 tps Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tb lemon juice
- 1 tps horseradish (adjust to taste)
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Can stay in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Some Interesting facts about shrimp!!
- One billion pounds of shrimp are eaten every year by Americans.
- Over five billion pounds of shrimp are produced every single year.
- April 29th is National Shrimp Scampi Day.
- May 9th is National Shrimp Day.
- A shrimp can average about 6 inches while the longest ever found was at 16 inches.
- Some shrimp can live as long as six and a half years, while some only live about a year or so.
- There are 16 different stages of life are found in shrimp from egg to full adult.
- There are over 128 species of shrimp.
- Every shrimp is actually born a male and then become females as they mature.
- The name for raw, uncooked shrimp is “green”.
- Shrimp that has been broiled or sautéed, usually in butter and garlic are called “scampi”.
- The pistol shrimp can deliver an explosive attack hotter than the surface of the sun and loud enough to rupture a human ear drum.
These pages do contain affiliate links where a paid commission could be paid to makeeatrepeat.com