From the Sea Omelet with Hollandaise Sauce
It seems like whenever I cook with a large package of crab the night before I always have leftover crabmeat that usually sits in the fridge and goes bad. It’s not quite enough to use in another dish but enough I don’t have the heart to throw it away. So on a sunny morning when you’re craving something different this recipe is for you!! The crabmeat and eggs mix perfectly with the parsley, chives and sauce, ensuring you will definitely want this again.
- 4 large eggs; two per omelet
- Dash Salt and Pepper
- 1 tb Butter
- 1 package of crab meat
- 8 Stalk Asparagus, Steamed
- ½ c Monterey Cheese, Grated
- 1 tb fresh parsley, Shredded
- 1 tb Chives or Green Onions, Chopped
Directions for Sauce:
- Put the egg yolks, salt, cayenne pepper, dill and lemon juice in a blender.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and let cool slightly.
- Add the melted butter to blender and immediately blend for several seconds until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Taste to adjust the seasonings. You can add more lemon juice or even water to thin the sauce if it is too thick.
- Set aside and work on making omelet.
Directions for Omelet:
- In a bowl, break eggs and beat with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little butter or oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add eggs to pan, swirling so bottom of pan is covered. Cook gently until top of omelet firms.
- Place 1/4 of crabmeat, cheese, 4 stalks of steamed asparagus and half tb of parsley in center right of omelet and using spatula, fold over left side to cover.
- Slide onto plate, drizzle with hollandaise sauce and garnish with extra parsley, chives or green onions.
- Serve with crusty bread and a small salad.
These pages do contain affiliate links where a paid commission could be paid to makeeatrepeat.com