This easy one dish mean can feed an army. The tomato base gives it that comfort food feel while the steamed cabbage sweetens it up a bit.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3 (8 oz) cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Two cups of Macaroni or Other Small Pasta
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Package of 10 oz Frozen or Canned Corn
- Half a small cabbage shredded
- Optional ½ C shredded cheese on top
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to hamburger meat in a large skillet.
- Brown meat for about 10 minutes and then drain excess grease.
- Add dry macaroni to skillet, cover with tomato sauce and water.
- Bring mixture to a raging boil, turn down heat to a simmer and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is el dente.
- Once pasta is tender, stir in corn and cabbage, steam with lid on for 5 minutes or until cabbage is translucent and tender.
There are many variations of this dish. The base is the browned Hamburger with tomato sauce and noodles. What you add can spice it up with a little green chili peppers or tone it down with potatoes and mixed veggies. Chunks of cheese can be stirred in our shredded on top. Mix it up and tell us how you changed it we might feature you in out next recipe!
These pages do contain affiliate links where a paid commission could be paid to makeeatrepeat.com