Rib Dry Rub
I like making my ribs in either the oven or the crock pot. It usually depends on how many I’m cooking. If I can get away with cooking them all in my crock-pot that’s the way I choose, but if there’s just too many to cram then I add it into the oven and bake it slowly all day. Here’s a good dry rub for when it’s cooking, before adding the good ole BBQ sauce!
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Lawry’s Season Salt (Recipe Meat Tenderizer, if needed)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder (Not needed, but adds spice and smokey flavor)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ¼ c Brown Sugar
- Mix all together and rub onto ribs.
- If you are cooking ribs in the oven, cook on 250 degrees F for at least four hours.
- For the crock-pot, cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.