Penne Alla Vodka
This recipe is for when you’re running out of ideas on how to use all your tomatoes that are going bad, this recipe is simple with a subtle spicy kick.
Makes 4 servings
- 1lb Penne Pasta, Cooked and Drained
- 35 oz Tomatoes, Diced
- ¼ c Olive Oil
- 1 Chicken Breast, cut into short strips about a ½ in thick
- 1 tb Garlic, diced or crushed
- 1 tp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pinch of Salt & Pepper
- ¼ c Vodka
- 2 tb Butter
- ½ c Heavy Cream
- 1 tp Fresh Parsley
- ¾ c Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- ½ tp Parsley, garnishment
- Boil pasta according to package directions, when done remove from heat and drain. (Prepare sauce while noodles cook.)
- Blend tomatoes until chunks are gone and has a smooth texture.
- Add olive oil to skillet on medium heat. Cook chicken and garlic until browned and aromatic.
- Once browned, add in blended tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and 1tp parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vodka, simmer for 10 more minutes to allow alcohol to evaporate out of sauce and then add butter.
- Pour in heavy cream and cheese. Once thickened fold into cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle parsley and additional pepper flakes for presentation.
Why do we add alcohol to marinades and sauces?
Well it actually improves the flavor, aroma and taste of your food when cooked correctly. As it cooks it bonds with the fats and oils in the sauce allowing it to increase the aroma and flavor! When using it in a marinade, it helps the seasoning sink within the meat locking in all the extra flavor you would normally lose as you cook and prepare your meat!
These pages do contain affiliate links where a paid commission could be paid to makeeatrepeat.com