Grilling out is one of the easiest dinner choices. It doesn’t matter what cut of meat you like only that you season it well and let it rest a few minutes before serving. I like to serve steaks with a light salad, baked potato, and a steamed vegetable.
Approx. 20 Minutes
Approx. 45 Minutes
serves 2 or as many as you buy steaks for…. for this recipe we are cooking for two
- 2 Steaks, I like T-bones
- 5-6 Medium Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbs Butter
- 2 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Tbs. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Meat Tenderizer (Dont have tenderizer? Use this Meat Tenderizer recipe!)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Small Shallot, Thinly Sliced
- Preheat grill to 350 F degrees.
- Marinate steaks in Worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- To make dry rub, Combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion powder, meat tenderizer, chili, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Take steaks out of marinade and rub with prepared seasonings, then place on hot grill for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and slightly charred.
- Next place your Cast Iron Pan on grill or heavy-duty foil doubled next to steaks.
- Add butter to Cast Iron Pan, once melted combine mushrooms and shallots. Cook until till shallots are translucent and mushrooms are tender.
- Be sure to check the temperature of your steaks and pull off once it’s reached the desired temperature. ( see below for steak cooking times)
Basic internal temps for gas grilled steaks
- Rare 120-130 degrees , continue to grill 3-5 minutes for medium rare (internal temp is 120-130 degrees F).
- Medium 140-150 degrees continue to grill for 5-7 minutes for medium (internal temp is 140-150 degrees F).
- Well done 160-170 degrees continue to grill for 8-10 minutes for medium well (internal temp 160-170 degrees F).
* Always let steaks rest for 3 to five minutes before serving remove steaks just before they reached desired temp as they will keep cooking while they rest*
This is a very simple meal that can be made quickly.