“Did you get your grandmothers permission before putting this online?!?”
-Yes mom, she said it would be a shame to keep something this yummy to ourselves! This is a good ole pecan pie that has been in our family for generations. The only difference is this isn’t a deep pie. Making this recipe you will get enough for two pies!
Pie Crust- Makes 2 shells
- 2 c Unbleached Flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¾ c shortening
- ¼ c cold water
Pecan Pie Filling
- ¼ c Butter
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 c Karo Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 c Crushed Pecans
For the Crust-
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Mix in shortening and cold water.
- Form to the sides of a pie pan.
- Bake until golden brown, usually about 10 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. While its cooling move onto preparing the pie filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Once thoroughly melted, turn off heat.
- Mix in sugar and Karo syrup until sugar has dissolved.
- Whisk in Vanilla and one egg at a time until all eggs are combined into mixture.
- Fold in pecans to mixture then spoon mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes until sides are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve in bowl with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream!
These pages do contain affiliate links where a paid commission could be paid to makeeatrepeat.com