Blackened White Fish
This is perfect for those who don’t like the “fishy” taste and smell you normally get when cooking with white fish. The seasoning helps eliminate that fishiness by masking it with a flavorful pop of spicy goodness.
Makes 2-3 servings
- 2-3 Fish Fillets (Tilapia, Cod, Flounder Etc)
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tb Coconut Oil
- Rinse fish filets under cold water and then pat dry.
- Mix all seasoning together in a pestle and then rub onto both sides of fish.
- Heat oil on medium in large skillet. Add seasoned fish to skillet and cook 5 minutes on both sides of fish!
- When done the fish should be flaky and falling apart.
One of my go to sides for this dish is Parmesan Garlic Polenta. You can either serve it hot and fresh or let it set up and fry it on both sides. For the fish I like to fry it and place it under the fish for better presentation.