I’ve tried countless recipes to find the best marinara sauce out there. I love spaghetti, it’s one of the easiest meals to make and it’s one of my go to meals. This is one of my favorite sauce recipe by far! Try it, tell me what you think?
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 (14.5oz) Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (6oz) Tomato Paste
- 1 Clove Garlic, Diced
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 tb Olive Oil
- 1/3 c Onion, Diced
- ¼ c Sherry, Cooking Wine
- ¼ c Water
- Blend tomatoes and all spices.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat add garlic and onions. Cook until the onions turn translucent and the garlic becomes aromatic.
- Add in the sherry and water to the sauce pan. Boil for about 2 minutes.
- Then add in the blended tomato mixture to the sauce pan. Let it simmer for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Remove from heat and pour over pasta or let it cool and pour into containers for later use.
- For those who need a more filling meal, you can add half a pound of hamburger meat and a dash of garlic salt. Cook it in a separate pan, then once browned drain the fat and add the meat to the sauce.
An easy tip I like to do is when I prepare the pasta, as its boiling I will add 1tsp of coconut oil into the water. This keeps the pasta from sticking to itself later when you drain it and let it rest. I for one, hate having to scrape the sides of the bowl trying to get all the sticky noodles out!