Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
These could almost be dessert because its so rich and sweet. Toasted marshmallows topped with caramelized brown sugar. This side dish pairs well with beef and pork, making any meal feel like a flavorful feast! Plus, don’t forget all the nice health perks for eating one of these babies! More info on that at the bottom!
- Wash well and poke holes with a fork. About 2 stabs to both sides of potato.
- Pat dry potatoes and coat in a thin layer of oil. This helps keep the outside from shriveling up as it cooks.
- Microwave sweet potatoes 5-8 minutes checking after 5 minutes, cook till tender (soft when squeezed).
- Cut in half, slice sides so butter can melt in between them.
- Divide butter among potatoes.
- Evenly sprinkle with brown sugar and marshmallows.
- Place under broiler until marshmallows are toasty about 5 minutes.
Sweet potatoes have many, many, many health benefits that make eating this delicious treat even better! One cup of sweet potato is jammed packed with Vitamin A- 214%, Vitamin C- 52%, Vitamin B6- 34%, Biotin- 29%, Potassium- 27% and Fiber- 26%! With all these and more, sweet potatoes provide many nutrients rich in antioxidants helping keep you looking younger and healthier. Also aiding in anti-inflammatory in the body and significantly improving blood sugar regulation. Who knew?! For more information about all the facts on sweet potatoes visit the website, The World’s Healthiest Foods!
And if this just sounds too healthy for you don’t fret, just dump a spoonful of brown sugar and handful of marshmallows on top to even it all out and you’re good to go!